The World Health Organisation (WHO) has said Coronavirus (COVID-19) is no longer a threat in Africa but a reality.
According to Matshidiso Moeti, WHO Regional Director for Africa, made this in a statement posted on the organisation’s website.
Recall that Coronavirus has been reported in four African countries.
While speaking, Moeti said WHO was working with countries in the region to ensure that measures are taken to contain further spread of the virus.
“So far, Algeria, Egypt and Nigeria have reported cases. The case in Senegal was confirmed a day after Algeria reported two new cases on March 1.”
The official noted that the WHO is supporting countries in their efforts to increase their preparedness.
This includes ensuring early detection of vital signs and that control measures are in place and as robust as possible.