Dethroned Emir of Kano, Muhammad Sanusi II, says he would get justice if he decided to challenge his dethronement by Governor Abdullahi Ganduje‘s led Kano State government.
Naija Mode had reported earlier that the Kano State government led by Governor Ganduje on Monday, March 9, dethroned Emir Sanusi.
This online news platform understands that Emir Sanusi’s dethronement followed the State Council executive meeting presided over by the Governor Ganduje.
However, a statement by Alhaji Usman Alhaji, the Secretary to the State Government, said Emir Sanusi’s dethronement was due to his “total disrespect to lawful instructions from the office of the governor and other lawful authorities”
“The Kano State Executive Council under the chairmanship of His Excellency, the governor of Kano, Dr Abdullahi Ganduje has unanimously approved the immediate removal/dethronement of the Emir of Kano Emirate, Muhammad Sanusi II,” the statement said.
Reacting to the banishment while speaking in a trending video, Sanusi, a former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), declared that he doesn’t wish to return to the northern state as the Emir of Kano.
His words: “I’ve done what I could in 6 years. I’m moving on. The truth is I don’t want to go back. The (dethronement) letter was so badly written, so unprofessionally written”, he said.
“It is the easiest thing in the world to go to court. Fair hearing…High Court ruling, just like today. Did you query him? Did you ask him to defend himself? No. We should go on with the new phase in life,” Sanusi said.
Naija Mode understands that the footage was recorded on Friday in Awe, Nasarawa State, northern Nigeria, after the court ruling that freed him from detention. The monarch has since left Nasawara where he was banished to and is now in Lagos, Nigeria’s commercial city.
Watch the video below…
Sanusi speaks on winning in court