Following the dethronement of Muhammad Sanusi II, as the Emir of Kano state, the Government of the state announced the person taking over the throne in the person of Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero, a few hours after.
Bayero, who is the late Emir Ado Bayero‘s son, replaces Muhammad Sanusi II, who was dethroned and banished to Nasarawa on Monday, March 9, 2020.
Some prominent Nigerians have taken to social media to react to the development, as well as other Nigerian speaking their minds on the issue.
Meanwhile, Naija Mode has done a quick background check on who the new Emir is and five things you may need to know about him.
* Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero was formerly the Emir of Bichi Emirate; He was named the emir of Bichi in 2019 after Kano State governor Umar Ganduje divided the Kano Emirate into four.
* Ado Bayero has held different traditional titles in the last three decades. In 1990, he was appointed Danmajen Kano; later he became Danburan Kano, then Turakin Kano to Sarkin Dawakin Tsakar Gida and finally to Wamban Kano.
* Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero is the son of the 13th Emir of Kano, Alhaji Dr. Ado Abdullahi Bayero, who reigned from 1963 till his death in 2014.
* Alhaji Aminu Ado Bayero is a Mass Communication graduate of Bayero University, Kano.
* He is now the 15th Emir of the Fulani in the Kano Emirate.