Indian pharmacist dies after drinking Bottched Coronavirus treatment

An Indian pharmacist died and his boss was left hospitalised after the pair drank a chemical concoction they had developed in an effort to treat coronavirus, police said Saturday.

The men worked for a herbal medicine company and were testing their treatment — a mix of nitric oxide and sodium nitrate — at a home in southern Chennai city.

READ also >>>  Man nabbed for allegedly killing, dumping mistress by roadside in Lagos

K Sivanesan, 47, died on the spot, said local police chief Ashok Kumar.

His colleague Rajkumar was recovering from the poisoning.

Kumar said Sivanesan bought the chemicals from a local market and developed the formula after conducting research on the internet.

There are no approved medicines or vaccines for treating COVID-19, triggering a global race for a new drug for the disease that has killed nearly 300,000 people.

READ also >>>  Liverpool fans are named s.e.x.i.e.s.t in Premier league with Southampton fans leading from behind

Nearly 60,000 cases have been detected in India, which has imposed a drastic nationwide lockdown in an effort to halt the spread of the disease.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here