Queen whisked away from Buckingham Palace as coronavirus quarantine plans explained

The Queen has been chauffeured away from Buckingham Palace amid the coronavirus outbreak.

It is said the 93-year-old monarch was whisked to Windsor Castle on Thursday for her safety.

But a source at Buckingham Palace told Mirror Online the Queen went to Windsor on her usual weekend trip and will be back in London next week.

READ also >>>  Panic in Calabar over upsurge in malaria cases

But it is understood plans are now in place to quarantine the Queen and Prince Philip, 98, at Sandringham if the outbreak worsens.

However, there had been reports the Queen had been “whisked away” from the Palace over cronavirus fears.

A royal source said: “She is in good health but it was thought best to move her. A lot of her staff are a bit panicky over coronavirus.

READ also >>>  FG should order arrest of Miyetti Allah’s leadership – CAN

“The Palace hosts a constant stream of visitors including politicians and dignitaries from around the world.”

The Sun reports advisers have suggested the move for the Queen as the death toll to Covid-19 rises in the UK.

More than 20 have succumbed to the virus in the country, with confirmed cases rocketing by 342 to 1,140.

READ also >>>  Ugandan pastor who said COVID-19 is just a hoax is arrested

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here